F.A.C.T.S. stands for Faith, Academics & Critical Thinking Studies.
Our desire is to build your confidence in the authority and reliability of the Bible, in the truth of the Christian worldview as a whole, in your ability to share that truth with the world around you, and in your competence to respond persuasively in the face of intellectual opposition. In other words, we want to make you a better ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20)
1) In our first class back, we will watch the first part of “Against the Tide,” a movie released in autumn 2020 about the ministry of one of the great Christian thinkers of our day, Oxford Professor Dr. John Lennox. Hosted by Kevin Sorbo (of “God’s Not Dead” and “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys”). For the official trailer, see https://againstthetide.movie/watch-trailer/.
2) In our second class, we will begin an eight-week series titled “Cold Case Christianity”, in which “cold-case homicide detective J. Warner Wallace teaches ten investigative principles employed by detectives and applies them directly to the gospel accounts.” For more on that, visit https://coldcasechristianity.com/.
3) Following the Cold Case course, we will begin a six-week series titled, “Tactics,” in which “radio host and founder of Stand to Reason Gregory Koukl draws on his extensive experience defending Christianity in the public square to show participants how to:
- Effortlessly initiate conversations about the faith
- Clearly, cleverly, and persuasively present the truth
- Graciously and effectively expose faulty thinking
- Skillfully manage the details of dialogue
- Maintain and engaging, disarming style even under attack”
For more on Greg Koukl’s ministry, check out https://www.str.org/greg-koukl.
[All three teachers, Lennox, Wallace, and Koukl, spoke at the “Insight is 20/20” conference held at Calvary in October of last year.]