Operation Andrew is a bring-a-friend-to-church strategy based on John 1:40-45 that we encourage you to participate in leading up to Easter.
Andrew heard about the good news regarding Jesus, that He was the Messiah. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Peter and tell him, “We have found the Messiah!” And Andrew brought his brother to Jesus.
It is our prayer that we would be Andrews, sending and bringing people to Jesus.
5 STEPS IN OPERATION ANDREW:
- LOOK AROUND where you live, work, or go to school—this is your mission field. Make a list of names of individuals you know who need Jesus Christ, and commit to pray for the people on your list regularly.
- LOOK UP because God changes people through prayer. Pray each day for those on your list, that God will give you opportunities to share His love with them.
- LOOK OUT for ways to cultivate friendships with each person on your list. Spend time with them. An invitation to dinner or a sporting event will build friendships, which can open the way to talk about Christ. Remember: don’t preach. Listen and be a good friend.
- LOOK FORWARD and begin to talk with each person on your list about attending Resurrection Celebration with you. Choose a specific date, pray and invite them.
- LOOK AFTER those who respond to Christ or even begin to show interest in the Gospel, for they need your encouragement. Continue to love and pray for those who do not respond.