UPDATED: 9/27/2020 3:32PM
The staff of Calvary Tucson has been closely monitoring public and private sources of information associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Because we are conducting constitutionally protected activities of freedom to assemble and worship, we have prayerfully made the decision to resume church services while practicing physical distancing.
The church offices are open Monday – Thursday from 9-5. Counseling is available in person or via Zoom.
Children’s ministry is open at all services times at both campuses.
If you choose to attend the physical service, you are responsible for your own health and accept the risk of being exposed to any number of illnesses.
If you have any concerns about your health or risk, please attend our online campus! Our online campus will also be available at the above East campus service times and at calvarytucson.com.
Please read the following new policies we are implementing as we reopen. This is in accordance with Phase 1 of the White House guidelines, Arizona Attorney General, Mark Brnovich’s official opinion for churches posted on April 30th, 2020, and Arizona Governor Ducey’s Guidance for Places of Worship.
- If you are in a high-risk category, we ask that you continue to attend our online campus at this time.
- If you have any sickness or fever, we ask that you do not come to any live service and instead attend our online campus. Please do so until at least 7 days pass after your symptoms go away.
- We will not be taking temperatures of people attending. Please make good decisions about whether you should attend or not. We all are responsible for our own health and need to be considerate of the health and welfare of others.
- We have modified seating to increase the row spacing to approximately 6 feet apart in both sanctuaries.
- We encourage households to sit together and separate each household group or individual by appropriate physical distancing of at least 3 seats. Please be courteous to create the appropriate spacing between groups of other people. Ushers will help with this process.
- We strongly recommend protective masks for everyone attending live services, as long as you have no
health condition prohibiting you from doing so. Our concern here is for the health and safety for everyone in our gatherings during this public health challenge.
- We ask that no one shake hands or hug other people other than your own family. This is to walk in love toward one another as each of us may have different thresholds of what contact we believe is acceptable.
- All common areas will be sanitized before, in-between, and after each service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and we encourage using it upon entering and exiting the building.
- Staff and volunteers will conduct a self-health assessment before coming onsite. This Assessment will include a temperature check for fever, symptoms check and ask if any contact with a confirmed COVID-19 individual has occurred in the last 14 days.
Please pray for us as we resume in-person services and consider when it will be wise to reopen all Calvary Tucson ministries. Each week we will evaluate what other ministries to open and will post on our web page, social media and announcements from Pastor Robert. We are looking forward to seeing many of you again as we corporately worship our Lord and Savior.
…not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25 NKJV