Statement of Faith
“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.” (John 4:23-24)
Calvary Tucson is a fellowship of believers under the lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Him and be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church. And we do not oppose denominations as such, only their emphasis of the doctrinal differences that lead to division of the Body of Christ.
Calvary Chapel Statement of Faith
- WE BELIEVE That the only true basis of Christian fellowship is God’s love, which is the fruit of true worship and greater than our differences. Therefore we look for His love in our lives as the supreme evidence that we have truly been worshiping Him.
- WE BELIEVE Worship of God should be Spiritual! Therefore we remain flexible so the Holy Spirit may direct our worship.
- WE BELIEVE Worship of God should be Inspirational! Therefore we give a great place to music in our worship.
- WE BELIEVE Worship of God should be Intelligent! Therefore our services place great emphasis upon teaching the Bible, which is the Word of God, that He might instruct us how to live and worship.
- THE TRINITY: We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in power and Deity; by Him all things were created, are upheld and governed.
- THE BIBLE: We believe in the Holy Bible, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original autographs. The Holy Bible is the supreme rule of faith and truth.
- JESUS CHRIST: We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, His miraculous birth, His sinless life, His teaching, His miracles, His substitutionary and atoning death on the cross for our sins. We believe in His literal resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His literal return to this earth to rule in power and glory.
- SIN NATURE: We believe that all after Adam are born sinners by nature, under eternal condemnation. The Holy Spirit convicts man and regenerates all who repent of their sins, confessing Jesus as Lord and believing in His resurrection.
- THE CHURCH: We believe in the Church of Jesus Christ. He is the head, and all who are regenerated by the Spirit are members of His body, united in the Spirit.
- ORDINANCES: We believe in two Church ordinances: 1) Baptism, by immersion, in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and 2) Communion, done in remembrance of the broken body and shed blood of Jesus Christ, both ordinances reserved for Believers.
- ESCHATOLOGY: We believe in the literal, visible return of Jesus Christ to establish His Kingdom on earth, in the resurrection of the Believers to eternal life, and unbelievers to eternal torment.
- SUMMARY: We believe in the Apostle’s Creed as embodying the essential doctrines of the Christian faith.